Caribbean Pork & Sweet Potato Salad
From the Louisiana Sweet Potato Commission
Meal idea: Serve over bed of worm or chilled pasta or leaves of butter lettuce.
Variations: If you are short on time, omit marinating the pork. Instead, cook pork then toss with 1/3 cup marinade. Add other ingredients.
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 1/2 Cup Lawry’s Caribbean Jerk Marinade with papaya juice, divided
- 3/4 Pound boneless pork loin chops, sliced into thin strips
- 2 Can (8 ¼ oz.) pineapple tidbits, drained (reserving 2 tablespoons of juice)
- 1/3 Cup sliced green onions, including tops
- 1 Small sweet potato, peeled, cut into chunks and parboiled or 1 can (15 oz.) sweet potatoes, drained
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1/3 Cup salted peanuts (optional garnish)
In resealable plastic bag, combine ¼ cup Caribbean Jerk Marinade and pork; seal bag and marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes. Remove pork; discard used marinade. In medium skillet, cook pork over medium-high heat until cooked through, about 6 to 8 minutes. In large bowl, combine pork, pineapple, onions, sweet potato, honey, reserved pineapple juice and remaining marinade; gently toss to coat. Sprinkle with peanuts, if desired, before serving either warm or chilled. Makes 4 servings.